Tuesday, January 06, 2009

The elves

while I pin a new whim on my lapel
at dawn everyday
and wait for a knock
on my oak door

while I die breathless
each night
seeing the waves make lazy noises
in the darkness

while I blow off -
in dreamy encounters -
brown hugs woven into my blanket
by anonymous love

while I check black words
in my mail box
walking down many miles
never to return

while I push my walls
again and again
to make room in my shack
for my red furniture

they come when I am not looking
and slice my marble hills
into neat cubes
with a hot butter knife

I don't dream their husky voices
chanting-
Be careful what you wish for
'coz you jus might get it

Each morning I wake up
to find smirks and foot steps
on my carpet
making me smile like never before

Did you leave your door open?
You should!
----------------------------------
How I love them?! :D :D :D

3 comments:

Numb Assembly said...

Like I already said,

BEAUTIFUL

:)

Almost Famous said...

Tats really sweet..so i need to leave ma door open as wel...wel..am lost in thoughts...wel written piee..u r awesum as ever...luv ya :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome yaar... Lovely!!!