Friday, March 16, 2007

Death of a Blue Moon

It has been quite a while
since we last mourned the moon.
So you finally heard that-
you owe me - freedom;
I thought you wouldn't!
I just noticed - I died again last night,
when the dark winds smelled of you.
Not fair?

The wheels went by my house,
leaving an empty evening on the tracks.
I wanted to do that too;
so I did.
I just noticed - I died again last night;
I couldn't get enough of nothing.
Not fair?

It happened now-
it will happen again.
Life - is it not a verb in the past tense?
Emotions - are they not pixelated dreams?
I just noticed - I died again last night,
in a vain attempt to escape answers.
Not fair?

It is about time,
I wrote an obituary
and put together an epitaph
for myself.
I just noticed - I died again last night,
leaving no hint - I have moved on.
Not fair at all!!

So I write-
I died again last night.
Were you the one who killed me?

1 comment:

Eat my Blog said...

Hey i can really connect to this poem. Amazing

Is this the INTEREST you r talkin abt which every1 has to pay in life?

Doesnt that make life INTERESTing?