Tuesday, February 23, 2010

205. Security Check

No,
I should not have packed them;
and now the guards
are going through
my luggage-
scanning through all
the unfinished conversations
I stuffed in my suitcase

I can sense their smirks
behind their straight faces

I should not have packed them-
all those embarrassing conversations
But I did!

I was in a hurry!!

-----------------------------
Until a while ago
my city of yesterdays
was sequestered

the city
where
I stood by the tracks
and waved at trains passing by -
trains of thought
full of stories
with blurred faces

the city
where
the sky was wide
and wept too much;
and words flew down
to dance on my terrace

the city
where
I sowed smiles
by the side of blue evenings
and by dawn,
the streets would be abuzz
with laughter

the city
that knew
no ketchup
or aerated drinks
or accidents
or running water

yes,
the city was sequestered;
but now
it is open for me to return.
---------------------------------------------

I had to hurry
in my bathroom slippers
and an unpressed shirt;
but in my city,
they never notice these things!

So I hurried,
only to find all the tickets
to yesterday are booked
All the roads are jammed
All the flights are full

So yet again,
I booked
a round trip to noise

I will drown in the din again
and maybe this time,
discover my pseudonym

If only they let me go

A few sighs more
and the flight will take off-
but they are still scanning
through my unfinished conversations

-------------------------------------
Culture Shock - the much needed vacation!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone! I don't know where to begin but hope this site will be useful for me.
I will be happy to get any help at the beginning.
Thanks in advance and good luck! :)

चिराग जैन CHIRAG JAIN said...

ख़ूबसूरत ख़यालात को
ज़ेहन से काग़ज़ तक ले आने का आपका अंदाज़
सिहरन सी पैदा करता है
…दिल की गहराइयों में!

आपको पढ़कर आपसे मिलने की तलब होती है।

सोचता हूँ
इतना ज़हीन शाइर
क्यों छुपाए हुए है
अपना तख़ल्लुस
अपने क़द्रदानों से…

जब शाइरी इतनी बारीक़ है
तो आपकी आम गुफ़्तगू कितनी लज़ीज़ होगी
इसी एहसास से गुज़रने के लिए
गुज़ारिश है
तअल्लुक़ात क़ायम करने की

chiragblog@gmail.com
+91 9868573612
www.kavyanchal.com

दीपशिखा वर्मा / DEEPSHIKHA VERMA said...

That is you :) , oh You rock man..jo bhi ho !

the city
where
I stood by the tracks
and waved at trains passing by -
trains of thought
full of stories
with blurred faces"

How deep and how true !