Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Gratitude

Life never asks me where to go
never takes the roads, I seek
Emptiness embraces me;
my heart, a Jigsaw-
the missing pieces eluding my eyes.

Unknown winds greet me & smile;
Seasons I hadn't reached out for!!
Memories adorn the walls,
I never thought of weaving!
Lives, I did not know exist-
now a part of my existence.

I search for a name
for my nameless thoughts
crossing many unfamiliar paths.

Life never asks me where to go
never takes the roads, I seek
takes me down alleys
where I meet sweet accidents

Accidents,
which gift me friends in veiled faces
who name all the wary ideas
that clumsily find their way out of my heart
donning letters of a strange tongue!

Unseen hands paint colors on darkness
Gently putting my thoughts in harness
Weaving a rhythm for my silence
saying li'l but making great sense
Building the pieces of my puzzle for me
Thanking life for what it is
just two words emptying emptiness-
'Ah Life'!!

Thank you, Sravanthi!

No comments: