Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Faceless Intruder

It wasn't until that fateful day
when an innocuous greeting
turned everything around,
that I noticed things
living, unseen by my eyes

It wasn't until then
that I noticed
the futility of attempts
to fill bottomless wells
with dead consonants & long vowels
& punched punctuation marks

I noticed
the caprices of oracles
who make dead-ends into highways

I noticed
that emotions had no nativity
& how pain can be forged into smileys

I noticed
that all stories are but the same-
just that the narrator tweaks the narration
blurring the imagery

I noticed
that there are no questions
but one -
Self

I noticed
that faces are but pseudonyms
to gift anonymity to the world

I noticed
restlessness can be reasonless
& unreasonable

I noticed
that Apollo is apologetic, all the time
for leaving smiles, unsolicited

I noticed
You

Now I wish to go back
to what I was
before I noticed

So kill yourself
& stay dead until dawn

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

:-) :-) :-) :-):-) :-) :-) :-):-) :-) :-) :-):-) :-) :-) :-):-) :-) :-) :-):-) :-) :-) :-):-) :-) :-) :-):-) :-) :-) :-):-) :-) :-) :-):-) :-) :-) :-):-) :-) :-) :-):-) :-) :-) :-):-) :-) :-) :-):-) :-) :-) :-):-) :-) :-) :-):-) :-) :-) :-):-) :-) :-) :-):-) :-) :-) :-):-) :-) :-) :-):-) :-) :-) :-):-) :-) :-) :-):-) :-) :-) :-):-) :-) :-) :-):-) :-) :-) :-):-) :-) :-) :-) .. WONDERFUL.. THANK YOU

Anonymous said...

SMILEYS are pugn intended

Eat my Blog said...

faceless intruder??

reminds me of my brother.

Kartheek Kanumuru said...

hey, this is kartheek, i dont think i got the background of the poem , but i felt good reading it, you could call it poets instinct :P good one