Thursday, October 11, 2007

Faceless Autumn

I left your place
without my face
there were way too many others
to choose from

The one you gave me in May
The one we made on a lazy afternoon
The one I had, when I called you a 'goon'
The one I found when we talked under the moon
The one I saved to wear in winter
which now I cannot
or the others which tell different stories
to the world

Stories
all of them have the same today
but thousand different
yesterdays & tomorrows
covered with color
filled with gore

I tried to find my face
searching
in wordy labyrinths
which only return echoes

I tried to find my face
prodding
with unending glances
which go unnoticed now

I tried to find my face
looking up,
all those windows
filled with inanities
which felt so good

I tried all monsoon
I tried!!

If you find my face
hidden behind the smile you wrote me
once not long ago
please do not send it across.
It does not go with my wardrobe
anymore!

------------------------------------
Months ago, I had written an ode to a Faceless Intruder.
Now this again, is a note to the same idiot!

No comments: