Thursday, October 04, 2007

A Wintry Romance

I sat on my leaf
my hexagonal glory
twinkling in the crowd
with every passing light

He stood across from me
looking at me through the night
not budging his look
from my face

His eyes were smiling nouns
while they played
noughts & crosses
with mine

He lost all games
but won my heart

& when dawn broke
I fell from above
swimming from shape
to nothingness

He did not look back
He did not look away

I was a snowflake
and
my snowman
had a cold heart;
Obviously!

------------------------------------
Like Utk said, one cannot switch on creativity; I add - neither can one switch off stupidity.
But then, yeah I think I have almost found my switch!! Amen!
Here's to better times.
Thanks Phoolan!! hehe (almost forgot that one, didn't you?!)

1 comment:

Numb Assembly said...

Its been sometime since I heard that. But no, I didn't forget.

Hats off to your ability to find the right metaphors. I wish you realize what you just said here.

keep at it :)

Love,
you know who!