Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Glistening Shadows

An Ode to Reluctant Innocence & Deliberate Ignorance - SUSHMA

What do I remember when I think of you?
If only words could say all there is!
The lifts, the shifts
The b'days, the bad gifts
The unnoticed drifts
The shards of hope
The bundles of breathlessness
An era of restless groping
Few moments waiting with bated breath
A few days vanishing unseen
The numb seasons, the dumb indifference
Two drops of twilight in the backyard
The spread of warm sunshine on the road oft taken
A few walks, a thousand words
A smile breaking into a zillion sweet thoughts
The evenings when just the two of us were a crowd
Rest of the world lost in blissful oblivion
Coffee pub gossips
Cab trips, verbal whips
Bitter rendezvous; sweet calls
The innocent questions, the innocuous complaints
The confusion torn out of sight
The sermons & the understanding silence
Unending days, Weak darkness
Taking away a part of me
Leaving me more complete than before
Losing all I have, yet intact & untouched
Dark rooms...long shadows
Shadows glistening long after it's light
Memories aplenty when I think of you
But I remember you as the one who showed me...
Glistening Shadows!!

1 comment:

Sushma said...

I remember :)