Thursday, January 07, 2016

275. Rana


I marvel
each time I think of him
and they ask me why

They should see

how
he reaches out
to life
and does not
wait for it to happen

how
he finds
art on dusty windshields
mirth in the company of strangers
music in crowded moments

how
he finds
life in places
it did not know
it could be

how
he coaxes
butterflies
out of unsuspecting caterpillars
to the pleasant surprise
of the world

Ah, but I -
I love the times
he coaxes
caterpillars
out of unhappy butterflies;
and applauds their defiant beauty
and teaches them pride

how
he sends
thoughts draped in radiant words
across miles
to light up,
evenings;
and
to lighten up,
moods

how
he mixes
merriment and maturity

how
he makes
sense seem so eloquent
empathy seem so effortless
immersion seem so enticing

They should see
and they will know
why

I marvel
each time I think of him

and I am not the only one
--

My unassuming friend. 
Thank you.

No comments: